Ooooh Ahhhh! I Love the Green Ones!!
Okay so 4th of July fireworks aren’t exactly the most environmentally-friendly holiday activity, but we at Little Bits thought we would pass along some tips to make your Independence Day as green as possible. Click on More Details below for a list of the top five things you can do to keep the party fun and minimize the effect on America the Beautiful… and beyond!
1. Keep fireworks in one area so debris is less scattered and cleanup is easier
2. Clean up right away to reduce the amount of dust and ash that gets blown or washed away
3. Make sure all fireworks are completely extinguished before disposal
4. Skip the private show and attend a neighborhood or citywide fireworks show instead
5. Have an alternative display using this cool Fireworks Generator!
For more information on the effects of fireworks on you and the environment, check out an article from Discovery here. It discusses the dangers of fireworks and their smoke, and what some companies are doing to create a new generation of kinder, gentler pyrotechnics.
Photo credits: City of Chicago